// you’re reading...

filed in Daily Life

Never Too Late

Name one thing you’ve put off starting because you think it’s too late? And then, think again!

Chart by Michelle Rial

Discussion

10 comments for “Never Too Late”

1. Petra says:

Wow, this is great (and so timely for me!) I’ve spent a lot of time working on my most important values (and yes, it’s difficult to narrow down the 15 most important) and writing a personal mission statement (which took almost two months until I wrote one that resonated–it’s actually four bullet points). And then finding (or defining) my purpose.

The “you’re too old”s and the “but what if”s in my mind are starting to be balanced by the “you got this”s.

Thanks for sharing!

• wendy says:

Anytime you feel like sharing your personal mission statement, love to see it.

• Petra says:

• To live fairly, with integrity, considering others without sacrificing myself or my values/ideals

• To break out of my comfort zone

• To give back to the community (however I define it)

• To reduce my ecological footprint

• wendy says:

Which of those 4 are the hardest right now for you?

• Petra says:

The second one, getting out of my comfort zone! But I’m doing it. For example, last week, I spent the day with an award-winning farmstead cheesemaker, helping him make cheese. I was very nervous (especially since the help called off–I got a trial by fire!) It was truly a memorable (and tiring!) experience (and I doubt I’ll ever buy commodity or industrial cheese again).

• wendy says:

What kind of cheese did you make?

2. Gigi says:

Dating, and I actually went out on 2 this weekend. One was a disaster the other was the opposite. And yes I blushed typing this, it feels kind of nice!

3. Lauren Nastachowski says:

At first it was going back to school for my bachelor’s degree in nursing–but I’m doing it!!

Today I am struggling with my weight, this post gives me hope.